LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two while loops working in parallel at the same time

Hello, how can I run a .vi with two while loops working in parallel at the same time? . I want that when I run a vi both can be activated o desactivate, but I can't get it. What can I do?
Thanks a lot.
Luz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,217 Views)

It may be not exactly what you want but it will work.  You can not deactivae a loop so see attached code.  Should work for most applications.

Matt

Message Edited by mfitzsimons on 05-26-2006 07:37 AM

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,203 Views)

Please, I can open your file because a have labview 7, can you send me it again in this version.

Thanks a lot,

Luz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,199 Views)

It is time to upgrade!  ere you go.

Matt

Message Edited by mfitzsimons on 05-26-2006 07:45 AM

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,198 Views)
I have a similar problem before. I also used a local variable to stop another loop. It didn't work. Now I understand the key is that we must use "switch" instead "latch" for that stop button.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,186 Views)
I can't get it. I want to do an adquisitiong or another thing. I send you an example of I want to do. If I do the program step by step I notice that there is an error 200279 in the adquisition, what means that there isn't sincronization. Can you help me, please?
Thanks.
Luz
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,167 Views)
Put Delay of 100ms in both while loops, it will help in balancing execution of both while loops. Or use State machine pattern to do more tasks in Single While loop.

Hope this would help. 
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,149 Views)
What is state machine pattern?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,138 Views)