LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two counters differrnt AI channels

I currently have an application where I acquire analog signals on AI0 and AI1, using an encoder attached to PFI0.  Every pulse of the encoder triggers an acquisition until i reach the number of points to sample (4096).

Now I need to separate the channels and use 2 encoders.  Is it possible on one card (6251) to have one encoder attached to PFI0 the other attached to PFI1 and AI0 triggered off of the first  one and AI1 off the other. AT the same time.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,272 Views)
I think the only thing that would work would be to setup a continuous acquisition on the two channels that is constantly running. Watch the two triggers and when you get one, peel off the next 4096 samples for that channel.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,269 Views)

Hi,

You can use a software trigger to perform this operation as Ed suggested, but it will be nondeterministic and very dependent on the operating system. This is an option if you do not need to be very precise with your timing. The best solution for this application is to use another M-series device which will allow you to utilize the timing engine for each card. Please post back if you have any further questions or concerns and we will be more than happy to address them.

JaceD
Signal Sources Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,245 Views)