From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with timing

I'm having a bit of trouble with my timing. I'm measuring a digital signal and once it goes from low to high, I want to start measuring data. The trouble is, I'm getting 0s before my data starts to increase. (see attached .txt) The data I'm recording is a CMD signal from an MTS controller (for troubleshooting purposes). If I'm telling the data to collect once the sync out reaches high, why am I getting these zeros initially? I'm using a MCC 1608FS as my Daq.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,030 Views)

No one has any input? This is really stumping me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,988 Views)

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the zeros in the text file, all the values I saw were nonzero.  Did you mean the empty first column before the first comma?  I think that is due to the time column being empty, so if you re-enabled this you would see a value there.  

Does the data also appear wrong on the waveform chart?  You do have a coercion dot on the Write to Measurement File VI, so it might be worth reading that waveform into strings and see where the zeros appear.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,968 Views)