LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trigger recording multiple separate files in labview 7

Hi all,

I will be RUNNING the attached VI using Labview 7.1 with the USB-6212 DAQ on a laptop.  Currently testing this VI on a desktop PCI DAQ card.

I just ordered the USB-6212 because I'm doing a portable DAQ recording.  I will be recording a triaxial Accelerometer with a trigger start.

I'm not very good with LabVIEW so I was wondering how I should go about doing this:

When I have the VI running, I want my program to watch for a trigger comming from the USB-6212 (controlled externally).  This trigger will be a voltage comming from the USB AO but controlled back into the AI channel to start and stop recording the accelerometer.

When input channel is triggered, the VI will start recording the accelerometer values.  If the 5volts trigger to the AI is removed/0volts, then stop the recording. My problem is that I'm not sure how to setup the recording so that if the trigger occurs multiple times, can the VI save under another file name. i.e accel1.txt, accel2.txt, accel3.txt...etc?

Another question i have is for the accelerometer: Can my USB-6212 handle a triaxial that is not amplified?

Thanks for your help!  Please see the attached vi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,171 Views)

Hi,

I checked the attached code and I have few recommendations. If I got your application right, you really don't need that event driven/trigger use. Since you are supplying the voltage to the accelerometer, you can set a daqmx output task, and then set an input task that starts after that to start acquiring the data.

The USB 6212 has an absolute accuracy of 2.69 microVolts at the 10 V range. The 6212 can also provide different voltage range measurments. For more information on that check page 4 of  the specifications manual.

As far as creating different file names for different acquisitions. I think the best way to do that is to create a control for the file path. Then create a local variable for that control. After each acquisition, you can set a new name for that control. For more info on local variables check the help file.

Faris A

Bueller
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,142 Views)