From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transparent cluster ?

watch your CPU usage before you open this vi

then open this vi and look at CPU usage  ( you don't even need to run it)

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,923 Views)

hello,

Give 50 ms delay after u can run.after that u see CPU performance. this is for continuos run mode.

Sivaraj M.S
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,904 Views)

Transparency is a tough thing for screen updates, for every element LabVIEW has to look behind the element (every boolean), what's the color, and there it finds another transparent color (the cluster), there it finds the FP background, this causes a lot of work, only if the FP is visible.

Not really a bug, just something to keep in mind when you design a gui.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,894 Views)

I have used transparent buttons before but this is a transparent button inside a transparent cluster

for it to use up 30% + on a 2GHz machine without even running the vi is a little excessive don't you think?

- James

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,873 Views)

Yes I agree, it is quite a lot, but I think it will lower as soon as some code starts running (at least I hope).

But now the main question, why an invisible boolean?

You could filter Mouse Down events, or hide the control.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,861 Views)

Your other problem is the fact that all your transparent objects overlap. You have actually 10 buttons on the cluster (most hidden). Arrange them a little neater and things will probably improve.

I cannot really tell, because my CPU does not really show anything dramatic (2-3%), even in your version.

Why does the cluster container need to be transparent? Can't you color it the same as the background instead?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,855 Views)

I am using labview 8.5.1.F4

one of the fixes for .F4 states to have fixed the overlapping controls problem.

when I simply have transparent buttons i do not see this CPU usage problem it is only when I add them into a cluster and the more i add to the cluster the worse it gets

- James

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,829 Views)