From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transmit image using zigbee

Hi, 

One way that we can send an image is first to consider what an image is. An image made up of individual pixels, and each pixel has a value. We can look at this as a 2D array and each element will have a value (Pixel Value) which relates to a color. 

Here is a link with an example of how to change an image to an array.

Once we have the array we can convert the array to a string using the array to spreadsheet string.

We already know how to write string data to the serial port (Zigbee)

On the other side we will need to do the reverse. So spreadsheet string to array and then once we have the array we can build the array back to an image.

I hope this helps let me know how you get on 

Kind Regards

Kevin R
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(1,558 Views)

Hello kevin

Thanks a lot for your help. I have stuck at a point and i was wondering if you can help me. I have the code that convert the image to array and the code for serial communication. But how i can take the array and put it as write and then transmit it. Please have a look at my code.

Thanks a lot for your help

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(1,547 Views)

Hi,

I'm using the similar modules, the ProBee ZS10 to communicate between two serial port.

I've managed to establish the serial communication between these two modules, using AT command on TeraTerm as platform but not when I used LabVIEW, it did not work.
Can LabVIEW be implemented on these modules?

Thanks. Looking forward for your reply.

p/s: i used the Write and Read through serial code to communicate between those modules

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(1,524 Views)

Hi, 

Thank you for sending me what you have done so far. You are very close to getting it working. 

Here is an image of some code I put together, let me know how you get on

Image to serial.PNG

I have attached the code as well. 

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regard

Kevin R
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,500 Views)

Hello i have finaly manage to transmit images! The issue that is require about 14 min for a jpeg, 640*480, 50kB image. Is it any way that i can reduce the time needed for the transmission. Please find attached the code i used

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(1,478 Views)

Hi Ariadni, 

That's good news! You have made a considerable about of progress. Have you tried increasing the baud rate (bps Bits Per Second) The spec sheet says the device can handle up to 115Kbps

Let me know how you get on 

Kind Regards

Kevin R
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(1,453 Views)

Hello again i would like to ask you if you can help me on how i can convert the serial communication to wi-fi communication,

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,435 Views)

Ariadni,

If you connect the two computers together using a wireless network then you can use TCP communication rather than serial.  This should be much faster.  

Here is a link to a basic example of using TCP communication in LabVIEW:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2710/en

Hope that helps.

James K

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(1,411 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the help. I have develop two codes but i am getting errors. Can you give me some help? Please note that i want this to run on a single board rio.

Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,403 Views)

Can you give the specific error codes/text you are receiving?  

I would recommend starting with one of the examples in the LabVIEW example finder to make sure you can get everything working/understood on your Windows machine.  The implementation on the sbRIO should be basically the same.  

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(1,380 Views)