LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

traditional daq

we transfered a VI to an other computer. (LV 8.0 -> LV 8.0, standardinstallation on both pcs, windows)

there are 5 force sensors, 5 way sensors and 5 termocouples.
force and way with daq assistant, thermocouples with traditional daq.

in the older version where the thermosignals converterted by a poly subvi called

[b]'AI sample channels (single point waveform).vi'[/b]

this sub vi is missing ... the strange thing: it is missing on the old installation too, there is no possibility to transfer it directly.

i searched some samples and here where this subvi also required and cant be found by the program itself.

is this a standard vi? is there a better solution to convert traditional data?

i have no experience with traditional daq ...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,216 Views)
when you install the daq drivers (2-3 CDs) I think you have to explicitly select that you want to install traditional daq for your LV version (8.0).  Doing so should put the appropriate vi in your LV folder.  You should also be able to replace traditional daq calls with the new DAQMX calls but this is more work.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,211 Views)
aye. i installed everything. i think thats not the problem ... ...single point waveform).vi dont seams to be only used for this app or actually for traditional daq.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,205 Views)
The AI Sample Channels (single-point waveform).vi is part of traditional DAQ. When it is installed, it is in 1easyio.llb. Go to MAX and see what software you actually have installed. If traditional DAQ is not listed, you should install it from the drivers CD.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,195 Views)