LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tkds30xx drivers for labview 5

Hey,..hi!

I'm working in a project  and i'm using labview 5 to control a tds3014b scope, i download the ivi drivers from ni site but they are for labview 7.1, i don't have a way to upgrade the labview, when i tray to open the tkds30xx.llb to browse the subvis inside it i got an error 8 of labview (labview can't open the resource), is it a way to convert the ivi drivers to make them comptible with this older version of labview, or someone there got them and can send them to me?,....please,..help me,....and thanks for any help,.....

my email is :               abelynux@hotmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,656 Views)
Hi abelillo,

One idea is to download drivers for one of Tek's older model scopes from the instrument driver network say the 4xx or 5xx series scopes. These drivers will probablely go back a few years and you might have better luck having them work with LV 5. Obviously they will need some modification but the command structure to my knowledge hasn't changed much just what paremeters might or be available.

cheers,

--Russ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,652 Views)

If you want the IVI drivers, you can create them yourself. Instead of downloading the LabVIEW version, download the LabWindows/CVI version. This will install tkds30xx_32.dll in VXIpnp\WinNT\Bin and tkds30xx.fp in VXIpnp\WinNTtkds30xx. These are the only two files you need to create a LabVIEW. NI creates the LabVIEW drivers from the same files and uses the same method. Go to the Tools menu and select Instrumention>Import CVI Driver. I can't remember if your old version of LabVIEW had the same menu organization as later versions but I know it's there somewhere.

Message 3 of 4
(2,647 Views)

IVI drivers can be used only in LabVIEW 5.1 and above. Attached is the LabVIEW 5.1 version of the tkds30xx IVI driver. This version does NOT contain the recent driver updates and bug fixes and it is not supported by National Instruments. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,630 Views)