From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timing, ploting data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,
I'm working on my Diploma work and I need help with some problems. I want to try acquire some data from my system using Labview insted of matlab /simulink. I need only some simple function's to acquire and plot data. 

I have my system connected to the NI USB 6009. After start program I want to acquire output of system (it's working) plot it (working) but there comes problem in single graph i want to plot system output and NI USB 6009 output (now I'm doing it in 2 separate graph's) step response. I find out, that can be done with using array but it does not work for me... Collected data written in excel worsheet (date/time and system output). There I want to write into the worksheet only 3 columns, 3 values : " time in seconds | NI USB6009_output | sys_output" 
Can anyone help ? I know this problems are simple, but I'm beginner and time is running up really fast.

output of system is affected by noise, so i want to build lowpass filter out of while loop (i create this filter in another VI project). With connected filter final structure of worksheet would by like: " time in seconds | NI USB6009_output | sys_output | sys_ouput_filtered".
Sorry for my english and thanks for answers. 

Best regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,309 Views)

Although you convert the scalor to an array, you are passing a single point to the Waveform Chart, so you won't see anything.

I did not get a mental picture of what you want to achieve, just bits of information, but I do not understand why you needed 2 separate graphs.

Maybe the best approach is to fix one problem at a time..  ...maybe...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,280 Views)

I want to plot 2 diffrent types of signal into single waveform Graph as it is described at the picture.

On the graph i want to have 2 curves: AI and AO. dp.png

something like that: js_sekundy+filter.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,240 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PavolPalicka

You were close to the solution, but using the wrong function.  Appending the waveforms will display one then the other.

To superimpose, first create an array and use the function Align Waveform Timing.

See image below:

Message 4 of 8
(2,149 Views)

Thanks a lot, I changed it upon your suggestion and it works! (not precisely what i want but close enough) Thanks.

Bez názvu.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,133 Views)

Hi Pavol,

I am trying to understand what you are doing.  You are merging signals from the bottom with the signals from previous iterations, while superimposing with a new signal (from the signal express above).

Can you describe what you intended to obtain?  It might be a simple "tweek" to your code.

If you find posts useful, you can always give Kudos 😉

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,120 Views)

I have connected system to the PC by NI USB 6009. I want to get output (ao) and input (ai) of connected system, those two variables i want to put into the graph in-time.

Unit Step Response with unit step.

Video

Try to look, maybe it helps you to get some idea what i want to get. 

All I want is to get ai and ao of system in same data type and size and put them into to graph.

Sorry for my english.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,109 Views)

I have not looked at the video yet.  THe code example I provided earlier should have done what  you are looking for. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,104 Views)