LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timing in case structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Its clear, i have a push button, when its triggered on, it should green the led (which occurs, no problems), but when triggered off, it should turn off the led immediately, (which doesnt happen), how is it done ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,068 Views)

Hello,

It's not easy to understand what your problem is with such a short description, can you post your VI or a screenshot of the block diagram so that it's easier for us to help you?

Trying to help

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,067 Views)

uhhh, i forgot to attach it sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,065 Views)

do you have put your case structure inside a loop??????

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,057 Views)

explain more please. alok.p

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,051 Views)

if u have place your code inside a while loop ( for example ) the loop will continiously execute.

the true case waits for 5 sec. and then executes .

Rings any bell????????????

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,047 Views)

i understand , but how the loop will continously execute if the button is on its outside

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,041 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author B4S3M

try "Event Structure" for reacting on events.

Message 8 of 18
(3,039 Views)

i understand , but how the loop will continously execute if the button is on its outside

Yes the loop will not execute continiously, that's it .....remove timing vi and then you can see the action is executing as you want.

typically in your vi you are pusing your button and the only time you get for it is when waiting in true case.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,037 Views)

i want different reactions, if boolean true, wait 5 seconds and execute, if false, then reset immediately, whats hard on that ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,027 Views)