LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timing controlled case

Hello,

I would like to control an event structure with timed boolean value. I want the boolean value to be true at a specified time, stay true of long enough for the event to exicute and then return to false. (and repeat) I want to design it this way so that eventually to program can run without me having to indicate the case. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,379 Views)

It sounds like you may need a state machine more than an event structure.  The event structure is primarily to handle front panel inputs from users.

In addition any code which takes any significant amount of time to execute generally should not be inside the event structure.

Please give us more specific information about what you are trying to do.  What controls the boolean? How are the "specified times" determined? How long will it take for the "event" to execute? How does it know when to stop repeating?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,374 Views)

@HFresearch wrote:

Hello,

I would like to control an event structure with timed boolean value. I want the boolean value to be true at a specified time, stay true of long enough for the event to exicute and then return to false. (and repeat) I want to design it this way so that eventually to program can run without me having to indicate the case. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

can you be more specific?

• what are the times involved (periods, exact...)
  • event structure can respond to dynamic events
  • what is your design architecture (event driven state macine, state machine, producer/consumer event, master/slave...)

please post your vi to get a better understanding what you want...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,372 Views)

Thank you everyone for the quick responses.

I am trying to automate a webcam. I want to put the webcam on an arealtram that will run continuously. Since I am new to Labview, I am converting a webcam program that I found here on a NI Forum to better fit my needs. Basically, I want to syncronize when the webcam will take a photo to when the tram motor has stopped. I think that the easiest way to do this is by using the internal clock on the computer. There is already an event structure within the code that I am adapting, which is why I was asking if this is a possibility. My vi is attached (I'm not sure if it will run without all of the subvis though).

Best,

HF

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,366 Views)
Message 5 of 6
(2,344 Views)

you could also do value signal....

value signal.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,322 Views)