LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timestamp year always reads 2099

I am using an RT PXI-Chassis with a PXI-6682 in slot 2.  I am using niSync Enable Time Stamp Trigger.vi (rising trigger) and niSync Read Trigger Time Stamp (Single).vi  to acquire an IRIG-B timestamp when my data acquisition starts.  I was able to use the Display Format to format the display.  The timestamp is returned when my MIO board starts.  Everything works great with the exception of the year returned.  I always read the year 2099. 
Steve Hall
stephen.hall@parker.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,371 Views)

Hi Steve,

The way the PXI-6682 reads the IRIG-B protocol is as follows:

saraj.png

In order for the signal to be interpretted correctly, the above format must be maintained.  For more information regarding the format of each individual bit, refer to Table B-3 in Appendix B of the PXI-6682 manual.  From this information, it looks as if the information in bits 50-58 is the issue.  You could verify this by taking an oscilloscope to the signal and focus particularly on bits 50-58.

A solution to this issue would be to adjust for the year programmatically by doing something like this:

example.jpg

Post back to this forum if you have any more concerns or questions regarding this issue.  Have a great Friday! 🙂

Regards,

Sara Lewandroski
Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,320 Views)