LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timed loop in linux

Hi,

Is there a timed loop in the Linux version of LabView 8.5 ? I can't find it but I can't believe it is not implemented...

Another - related - question : how does one assign a particular processor to a particular loop if the timed loop is not implemented in LV for Linux ?

Thanks

Laurent
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,688 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,667 Views)
Hi,

The timed-loop should be present in LabVIEW 8.5 no matter the OS you use.
You can find it in the palette here:

And concerning the processor assignement, draw a timed loop then double click the loop to open the dialog box, and choose the processor. You can also plug the corresponding terminal at the left of the timed loop.

Regards,
Matthieu B.
NI France

Message Edité par matthB le 05-28-2008 04:25 AM

Message Edité par matthB le 05-28-2008 04:27 AM

Message Edité par matthB le 05-28-2008 04:27 AM
Cordialement / Regards, Matthieu B. @ NI France.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,637 Views)
Matthieu B.

Here is the structures palette from LV 8.5 Pro Development System on a Mac. No timed structures.

The Timed Loop VIs and support dlls are in the Platform folder on the Windows version of LV. Therefore, it is likely that they are not supported on some or all of other platforms. These appear to be handy enough that those of us who use other platforms would like to have them. Please.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,618 Views)
Hi Lynn,

Indeed my apologies for you are right, not all LabVIEW features available for Windows are available for Linux and Mac environments, as for instance Timed-Loop Structures.
You can refer here to see what features are supported by Linux.

Therefore VIs that contain platform-specific features are not portable. These features which prevent porting are listed in the latest version of the LabVIEW Help under the Fundamentals » Porting and Localizing VIs section. The help file also includes steps for workarounds where they are available.

Regards,
Matthieu B.
NI France

Message Edité par matthB le 05-28-2008 09:39 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,602 Views)
Hi,

Thanks for answering. It is a major problem that timed loops are not implemented for linux, in particular because linux is much better than windows when dealing with time. Is there any chance that this will change soon ?

Any ideas concerning my second question : how does one assign a particular loop to a particular processor in LV for Linux ?

Thanks

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,589 Views)

Hi,

I understand that timed loops provides very interesting features, and even if this functionnality is likely to be implemented in future versions of LabVIEW, I cannot give you any date for any potential release.

Concerning the ability to
assign a particular loop to a particular processor in LV for Linux, the best I can tell you is to check in your release of LabVIEW on Linux in the help to know if such a feature is available. If not, you can apply the same reasoning than for timed loop.

Regards,

Matthieu B.

NI France

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,546 Views)

FYI: This is not implemented in LabVIEW 2009 for Linux =(

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,152 Views)