LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the serial read didnot complete within the specified timeout period

I have been using a Cobra-SRC and a frame grabber PCIe-1433 of NI for a while. I use LABVIEW to make Cobra-SRC work and used MATLAB to read data from PCIe-1433. Before they all ran well but now, when grabbing, it showed a dialog in LABVIEW:"IMAQ error: the serial read didnot complete within the specified timeout period". And an error occurs in MATLAB: "ni: cannot detect recognizable video source". I'm so confused that I did not change anything in MATLAB and LABVIEW. Could someone answer me this question???? Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,897 Views)

Sounds like a Cable is loose and/or the Camera (or its hardware) cannot be detected by the PC.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,838 Views)

Hi xiaoran94,

Does the camera show up in NI MAX and Windows Device Manager? Can you see anything using the Camera Link Logger for the NI-1433? (See downloads on the right of the page.) Could you try unplugging the camera and plugging it back in again?

Let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Leah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,818 Views)

Hi 

The reason why NI Measurement Automation Explorer (NI-MAX) cannot detect video source has been found. An error occurs in NI-MAX that makes camera file invalid. I reinstalled the NI-MAX and LabVIEW. In addition, I downloaded the camera file again. Now, NI-MAX can detect the spectrometer again. But I still don't know why camera file became invalid suddenly. I did not update anything of NI-MAX or Windows system.

But anyway, thank you for your reply!

Regards

Xiaoran

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,793 Views)