From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

textmgr.cpp Line 1155

I have a piece of software running at a customer site which recently crashed, siting "textmgr.cpp" Line 1155. I tried using www.ni.com/failure, but a search for that error returned no results.

I have other versions of this software that have been running for a long time (at least a year and a half) and have not had an error like this; the only difference with this particular installation is that I have added a table control that tabulates historical data (a line is added to the table every 15 seconds or so, to a limit of 300 lines of data, after which i pull the oldest line off of the array and replace at the bottom with the new line.

I am running LV6.1 on Windows 2000, and I was curious if anyone had an idea what this error could indicate, and how I might resolve the issue. I know that it can be difficult without source code, but I am not permitted to post it; plus, since I am not sure what caused the error in the first place I couldn't give instructions on how to replicate the error.

Thanks in advance for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,640 Views)

Hi Sirin,

I researched this error in our internal databases but I wasn't able to find much more than you were.  It's often difficult to find error information for older versions of LabVIEW.  I do know that this error did not occur in LabVIEW 7.0.  There have been some instances where these crashes are caused by video drivers so you could try updating this driver on the machine.  Otherwise it may simply be a matter of breaking down the code to try and determine which piece is causing the error.  Is the error reproducible or does it tend to happen under certain conditions?

Sorry I didn't find anything more helpful!
Megan B.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,630 Views)

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely I'm going to be able to get more information; I doubt it is related to the video driver, as all of our PCs are exactly the same.

It only happened after a fairly decent amount of run-time, and since I don't work at the site where the software is being used the chances of me catching the error as it happens is very low.

Is it your opinion that if this is related to something that doesn't relate to video drivers that upgrading to the latest version of LabVIEW will fix whatever was wrong? I know that there was a bug with the tab control in 6.1 (something with hiding the tabs causing a software crash) that has been fixed in subsequent versions...

Thanks for your response Megan,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,628 Views)

Hi Michael,

I think that it is very likely that this error wouldn't occur on a newer version of LabVIEW.  I haven't been able to find a report specifically about this error so I am not positive that R&D addressed it in particular, however, I have not seen a single report of this error occurring in a later version of LabVIEW (and crashes in LabVIEW 7.0 and later have been very thoroughly documented).

Hope this helps!
Megan B.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,623 Views)
We'll see what happens; I will be upgrading this particular version of my software to LV8 anyway, so if it happens again, I'll post another message; hopefully with more detail. Thanks again for your help.

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,617 Views)