LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text to text machine translation

Isn't this an opportunity to use a dictionary?

OpenG Dictionary.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(620 Views)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TiTou wrote:

Oh... that won't happen with the VI I gave you.

But you could add some code at the end to save all the attributes into a file and at the next start load the attributes from the file.

I'm home now so I can do it... but you could have a go, it's not that hard, and come back here if you have specific questions.

Good luck!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Should I create a sub vi or can i put the code in the diagram itself?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(611 Views)

I think creating a subVIs is a good practise, but depending on how this "translation" functions will be used in your application you might want to create a set of functions (subVIs) that could be used throughout your app.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(604 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

OpenG Dictionary.png

No idea... I have to say I've never used or event have a look into that palette... Shame on me... What does it do and what is it based on?

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(602 Views)

Well in a nutshell I want to create a VI the would translate an entered english word e.g "Hello" to its Chinese equivalent. But as I understand Labview can't display chinese text as it displays "?" on the string

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(599 Views)

@MarkBai wrote:

But as I understand Labview can't display chinese text as it displays "?" on the string

I have to say I've never tried Chinese, but I know Russian works and I would be surprised if NI hadn't done anything to support Asian Language... that's a huge market 😮

Maybe this can help you.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(581 Views)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have to say I've never tried Chinese, but I know Russian works and I would be surprised if NI hadn't done anything to support Asian Language... that's a huge market 😮

Maybe this can help you.

CLD son of CLD
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
thank you  =D
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(573 Views)

Here's another way to localize your application.

PassaMak is an API for realising multi-lingual user interfaces in labview.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(556 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

@jcarmody wrote:

OpenG Dictionary.png

No idea... I have to say I've never used or event have a look into that palette... Shame on me... What does it do and what is it based on?

Example_VI.png

Jim

Message 19 of 22
(554 Views)

Hello again guys, I've done some editing with the database.vi that is posted in this discussion. It now saves the data to a file and if ever I press the Stop button and play it back again it still gets the translations. However, if I close Labview entirely and open it again, the saved data is gone and I have to add translations again. Pls Help 😐

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(536 Views)