From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text / string orientation

Hi,
Does anyone know how to change the orientation of a string so that it prints from top to bottom rather than left to right (one would have to turn their head 90 degrees to the left to see the numbers "upright"). This is needed for the x axis of a bar graph (made from Vertical Graduated Bars). There are 127 bars in this graph and, as a result, the numbers are too wide to display, in a normal fashion, under each bar.
I have tried placing each digit under the other, example:
but this doesn't look so pretty when scrunched up against the next number.
See what I mean?
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks
Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,447 Views)
Nathan,

Try this library. I think you'll find what you want in here.

Mark
Message 2 of 10
(3,447 Views)
Mark, Neat set of VIs. Thanks for sharing, Doug
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,447 Views)
Nathan,
I know if you have a text box/Label on the Front Panel, you can right-click it and get Vertical Arrangement options for clockwise, counter clockwise, stacked, or normal. This is in LV 6, don't know about 5, 4, etc.

Good luck with it, Doug
Message 3 of 10
(3,449 Views)
I don't know if there is a way to do this with the graph labels. You could arrange text labels (created with the edit text tool) that way and place them on top of the graph instead of graph labels if you really wanted to. Right-click on a text label and select "Vertical Arrangement" you will see the options for vertical arrangement in another pop-up menu.

Wouldn't it be easier to just label like every 10th element?

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,447 Views)
Nathan;

Check Brian Reken's LabVIEW download page for that and other goodies.

Regards;
Enrique
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,447 Views)
Doug pointed out on 11/19/2001 that in LabView, if you have a text box/Label on the Front Panel, you can right-click it and get Vertical Arrangement options for clockwise, counter clockwise, stacked, or normal.

I need this capability in LabWindows/CVI.  I'd appreciate advice.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,347 Views)
Here's advice - try posting to the CVI board. You're more likely to get an answer. Smiley Happy

Hello,

the Example Rotate Text in LabWindows/CVI Using the Canvas Control should help you in your application. In the future if you post in the CVI forums you may get a quicker response.

Have a great day!

Scott Y

NI

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,303 Views)

Thanks.  That will work.

Josh

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,297 Views)