LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text control

I'm using a "promt user for input" function. I need the switch that initialises this promt, to remain on, so ( I think) I need a switch when pressed setting. However, when I do this I get a constant looping text box appearing. If I change the setting to latch when pressed, the box only appears once, but then the program initialised by the switch stops.

Is there any way of solving this?

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,655 Views)
could you attach your code/Block diagram pic and explain what exactly you need??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,633 Views)
You need to define the mechanical action of the button as latch when released, so you dont get the infinite looping situation.
Message 3 of 6
(2,632 Views)

Hi, I've alredy tried that and it solves the problem of the looping box , but wont let the program run correctly. any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,625 Views)

It will be easier for us to know what's happening if you post your VI ... or a simpler version of your VI. 

Thanks,

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,610 Views)
Hi,

In your post you say that "I need the switch that initialises this promt, to remain on" I was just wondering why this is. If you have a prompt for user input box that pops up on the result of a switch being pressed, - where the switch stays on - you will have this looping problem.

If you can post your code, and give some information about what you are trying to do, then we can take a look and make some suggestions

Hannah
NIUK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,589 Views)