From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temperature acquisition

Hi I wanted to ask and receive information about a system consisting of a voltage divider and a data acquisition card NI USB 6000. After running the circuit using LabView 2016 the values ​​that appear always dance even if the approximation is one digit after the comma. I wanted to ask how I can do so as not to make the values ​​vibrate and have a more stable signal. Can it be due to connections? The voltage of 5 volts the son-in-law through an Arduino UNO board

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,250 Views)

Please attach your code (the actual VI you are using, not a picture of it).  Have you any experience with electronics?  Do you know about "noise"?  Do you understand "sampling"?  You didn't say anything about the signal except "5 volts the son-in-law through an Arduino UNO board", which makes almost no sense to me.  What voltage do you expect?  How have you configured the DAQ Task (meaning what range of voltage, are you taking single-ended or differential readings, what sampling frequency, how many samples)?  What do you mean by "one digit after the comma"?

I'm guessing, but it sounds (to me) like you are seeing "noise" which can arise in a variety of ways, including bad wiring, lack of shielding, too much amplification, and other things.  There are techniques to "smooth out" the signal (often called a "filter"), but without seeing the code and knowing more about your setup, it's still just a guess.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,241 Views)

è una delle mie prime volte che uso LabView e faccio un circuito elettrico e dlle domande che mi hai posto ti riesco a rispondere solo ad alcune, tipo:
-non so so cosa sia il campionamento e il rumore di un segnale
-ho usato arduino perchè era l'unica cosa che al momento mi potesse generare un segnale "stabile" da 5 volt, perchè nella caratteristica di trasferimento del sensore c'è bisogno di una tensione da 5 volt
-nella configurazione della scheda DAQ ho messo questi parametri e ti allego anche una foto:
-segnale imput range da 0 a +5volt
-acquisizione mode N samples
-frequenza 1 k
-altri paramentri erano già impostati
-se puoi spiegarmi come faccio a filtrare il segnale o a pulirlo ti sarei grato, comunque, in attesa di una riposta, provo a ridurre la frequenza di campionamento e a modificare qualche paramentro nel frattempo ti ringrazio.
sotto l'allegato della foto.... Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,202 Views)

This is the English LabVIEW forum, so please translate your message to English.

Otherwise you can post your message in the Italian forum.  Forum Italiano sui Prodotti NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,194 Views)

Bouna sera Francesco,

please write your questions in English!

And please attach your VI instead of just an image of the DAQAssistent settings. Also attach a schematics of your additional PCB/eletronics circuit. And show an image of your frontpanel to explain those "dancing" signal values…

(Btw. GoogleTranslate is usually better than your first attempt of translating Italian to English…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,192 Views)