cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tektronics- wave form single trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am trying to capture a rigsing edge waveform. Tecktronics drivers do not have single trigger.

Is there any way that I can do a single trigger and then save the savefrom on the screen.

A digital IO is used to control a converter to generate an edge.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,774 Views)

@tian66 wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to capture a rigsing edge waveform. Tecktronics drivers do not have single trigger.

Is there any way that I can do a single trigger and then save the savefrom on the screen.

A digital IO is used to control a converter to generate an edge.

Thanks!

Are you sure?  That has to be one of the most common things you do on an o-scope.  Other than continuous trigger, of course.  😉

Try looking at the drivers again.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,769 Views)
There are most certainly trigger functions with all of the Tek drivers I've ever used. Look again. Of you can manually configure an external trigger, you can do it with a program.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,764 Views)

I cannot find it in the driver. I think the attached VI has all of the trigger function.

Besides, I need to capture many rising edges and I hope it is done automaticlly.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,757 Views)

I cannot find it in the driver. I think the attached VI has all of the trigger function.

Besides, I need to capture many rising edges and I hope it is done automaticlly.

Please refer to the following attachement

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,755 Views)

@tian66 wrote:

Thanks!

That picture is making me regret I ever saw this thread...

(And it's not because of the drop-down menu.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,747 Views)
Since there are obviously trigger functions in the driver, I don't understand what you are asking for. Have you read the scope manual on how to configure a trigger? Have you done it manually?

I also see a sequence structure in your small image. Certainly not necessary.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,737 Views)

I want to do the Single trigger at the rising edge so that the osciiloscope stops at momnet and then capture that waveform from the scope.

I can manully press the Single to trigger the rising edge and it kept on the screen,  but no clue on how to do it in LabVIEW. The rising edge is about several ms.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,730 Views)
After configuring the vertical and horizontal, do you configure the edge trigger? Do you do an initiate? Pressing the trigger button on the scope is not at all the same thing as using an external trigger.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,715 Views)

Yes. I do. but I did not initiate it. Right now the problem is I cannot figour out how to stop the waveform at 50% threshold in labVIEW and then save it.

On oscilloscope, it is obvious. Set the trigger channel, threshold value, then press "Single". The waveform is there.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,702 Views)