From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdms plugin

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to use the express data storage VIs to read/write TDMS files but I get error -2588 on trying to open the file.

Here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lverror/storage_error_codes/

the error code is translated to "Failed to register the DataPlugin. The DataPlugin .uri file might contain invalid DataPlugin information.", but the message box that reports the error says "Labview cannot open the data storage file".

I've (re?)installed the plugin from the NI site but no success. I'm using Labview 2011.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,330 Views)

Hello Spruce,

Can you post an example tdms-file and VI to illustrate your issue?

This way we can try to reproduce the issue at our side?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,320 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Spruce

It was the process of opening and creating the file that was failing.

The attached VI demonstrates the problem, although I have now discovered the reason for it. The 'Open Data Storage' VI insists on the .tdms extension being provided in the path whereas the "TDMS Open" VI appends the extension by itself.

I still think the description of the -2588 error code is unhelpful or the error code is being wrongly issued.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,300 Views)

Hello Spruce,

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll make sure that it gets passed through the right channels!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,292 Views)