LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tcpip

Dear forum members. I have problem with TCPIP. I opened MAX and create tcpip with correct IP address, but cannot detect the device...
But company give me one .exe, inside of that .exe i put IP exe working perfect, from device read everything. MAX cannot, why? Everytime i am restarting comp and device too, but problem not from that.  Com port is ok for exe and MAX, working good, but TCPIP for exe working, for MAX not....Who can help me? Where come the problem? I am using Labview 8.5, and MAX 4.2.1.

Thanks in advance
With warm regards
Harut!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,294 Views)
Harut,

could you please describe, what hardware and systemsetup you are using?
Please answer the following questions:
- What devices are involved?
- Which setting are you trying to change in MAX?
- What does the exe do exactly?
- What is the network topologie?

Without any of those infos, we cannot help you....

Norbert
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 4
(2,282 Views)

Dear Norbert i will tell you by details...

Network analyzer GenComm GC724B made in Korea. I opened MAX, create new TCP/IP and try all 3 cases, Automatically, Manually and Raw data too.

Actually when i use the exe of gencomm company, I put IP address only, and push run, and trace data come to my PC. 

This network analyzer similar to Anritsu S332D. GenComm GC724B is Cable and Antenna Analyzer...

I think i note about all, but if need more let me know, i will tell you...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,268 Views)
I just took a short search on the stated device. It seems to me, that it is a standalone-measurement device.
Since i doubt that it using LV Realtime internally, you cannot interface with it using MAX just like you tried.
It is even possible, that a communication with the instrument using MAX is impossible.

The best chance to interface with the instrument is to make sure, that there is an API (application programming interface) available for your developement environment. Hopefully, the API is documented.
If there is no API available, it is maybe still possible to implement an application communicating with the instrument. For this, you have to know, how the commands have to be sent using TCP/IP.
Then it is your task to implement a tool (your own API) to send and receive the commands and interface with your application.

hope this helps,
Norbert
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,247 Views)