LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tcp connection from GPRS

Hello, Ive run into a bit of a snag with my project.

First off I am using a GSM/GPRSwireless model to send instructions to Labview via the internet using the TCP functions within labview.

I can get the Moden connected to the internet, but labview is giving my grief . It will Inisially make a connection, and indicate it via the SystenON message and the Green LED. But after it Turns on, its almost like The connection is dropped. I cannot send it, or make it accept any more commands. does anyone know of any projects using GPRS to communicated with labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,597 Views)

I have a question related to this

Hello All,

I have yet to find any explicit information which details how to receive GPRS data in LabVIEW. Allow me to provide a detailed scenario. I have designed an embedded client which communicates to a SM5100B cellular module. The SM5100B cellular module is capable of establishing a GPRS connection and using TCP or UDP to packet and send data. The SM5100B cellular modulemanual provides an example for controlling the device

-> Setup PDP Context (in this example China Mobile in China)
AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”cmnet”
OK
-> Configure the PDP context parameters of PCO if the user and password is needed for GPRS APN
AT+CGPCO=0,”user”,”password”, 1
OK
-> Activate PDP Context
AT+CGACT=1,1
OK
-> Configure the remote host and port, we can open a TCP connection
AT+SDATACONF=1,”TCP”,”www.sina.com.cn”,80 (to a remote host name)
OK
or
AT+SDATACONF=1,”TCP”,”211.123.11.21”,1234 ( to a remote IP address)
OK
-> Start TCP/UDP connecting
AT+SDATASTART=1,1
OK
-> Query the socket connecting

I want a LabVIEW VI to be my host which can receive this data and graph it on a plot. The problem is I know very little of LabVIEW TCP/IP connections. My first qustion is can somebody tell me of the basic components that I will need in LabVIEW to accomplish this? I know I will be Using the TCP functions and I've modified a few examples to do what i think it need. Unfortunatly I am having issues with the connection.I will receive a connection confirmation but then no additional data will come through the TCP read.

I appreciate all the help I can receive.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,590 Views)

?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,573 Views)

Hi there, there are a couple of similar threads in the forum that might give you more information. Check here and here. Thanks

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,563 Views)