LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tabs in exe subVI in LV2015

I have a VI that calls a subVI that has tabs.  I use 'SubVI Node Setup' to open the front panel when loaded.  

I use Application builder to create an .exe of my VI.  

When i open the exe on my target machine, the subVI opens but I cannot switch tabs.  With LV2014, I could switch tabs

Any one else seen this?

Grant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,802 Views)

Post your code, no idea why it would behave this way.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,795 Views)

Hooovahh - thanx for the reply.  I have proprietary information in a number of the 900 some-odd subVI files.  I'm going to have to strip that stuff out, see if the problem persists before I can post code.  

It's frustrating because it worked fine in 2014 but not in the 'new-and-improved' version - same code, same build script.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,771 Views)

I removed proprietary information and made an .exe and it worked fine.  I put the proprietary stuff back in and it still works.  Problem 'solved'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,737 Views)

At any point, did you set the tab enabled state to disabled? This would let you switch tabs while the vi or exe is not running, but not when it is running.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,678 Views)

Good hint but, alas, I wasn't disabling the tabs.  I couldn't control them even when it wasn't running.  I've not be able to reproduce the problem - it works as expected now

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,651 Views)