cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tabs in date/time string

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I have a problem with the format date/time string VI. I want to delimit the date and time with a tab to show the date and time in different columns so when I open the written data in excel... but I can´t! I´ve tried with \t in backslash code... (%d/%b\t%H:%M:%S%2u), also with concatenate strings with a tab constant in the middle..(as show in attached snipet) but in my measurement file the tab it´s written as \09 (14/May\0911:00:20.25). The strange thing is that when I use \s (the space code) it works just fine... Why is not working with tabs?

Thank you for your answers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,912 Views)

Hi mia,

for me this works easily (LV7.1)...

Maybe the problem is in the file write routine? How do you write your "measurement file"?

Message Edited by GerdW on 05-14-2009 08:57 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,895 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I wire the output string directly to the comment input of the write to measurement file VI like that...

Thanks... =]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,879 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mia.lara

Hi Mia,

as I don't have LV8+ available right now I can't dig into deeper - someone else may check this Express VI (stay away from them Smiley Wink)

You can use simple "write to text file" calls instead, just use "array to spreadsheet string" on your data. That's what I would do... (Express vis are nice to start using LabView or quickly write running code - but they hide all the interesting stuff and will not provide flexibility for special needs! And they always need conversion to "dynamic data", which also hides information from the user. Did I mention I don't like Express vis?)

Message Edited by GerdW on 05-14-2009 09:28 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(2,874 Views)
Lol.. ok.. thank you!! Smiley Happy , I´ll try it with the write to text file VI...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,868 Views)