From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching between two signals

Hi, I have simulated two signals. Now, I want a delay of 5 msec for the second signal. How can i delay a signal for a period of 5 msec?? After this I want to switch the signals based on the delay, how can i switch the signals, so that one signal is selected at a time?? Please help....

Regards,

Sanjay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,909 Views)

This depends on how you have written your code. Please post your code and we will try and help.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,887 Views)

Hi Tim, 

Thanks for replying. I'm posting my code.

I  will give a detailed explanation of my code. The actual concept is that i'm having four monopole antennae, each namely, LEFT, FORE , RIGHT, AFTER. These antennas will receive signals. Now, I have to do switching between LEFT and RIGHT antennae and between FORE and AFTER antennae. For this i have started my code with simulating two signals, namely left and right. Now, i have to select the signal, ie, choose between left and right. For this i have used the select function.

Now, the problem lies with the control which is to be given tot this select signal.

For giving the control, i have pulses ie, left, fore, right and after. The pulse width is 2.5msec and total no. of samples are 1250. Now, as soon as left is selected, there is a delay of 2.5msec for the next pulse, ie fore and and again a delay of 2.5 msec and so on. Now, when the pulse is high, ie, 1, then the signal coming from left antenna should be selected and when the pulse is low ie, 0, then signal coming from right antenna will be selected. The same switching condition is for fore and after. I just want to know that how the pulse will act as a control for select signal, ie, how i will be switching between two signals.

After switching, adc is used for sampling and then average of the signal is found and then as soon as the signals are switched, they will be displayed by an indicator.

If i get the working of left and right, then i can do the switching of fore and after. 

Sanjay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,866 Views)