From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subvi pane opens on execute

Solved!
Go to solution

While debugging a certain problem in my code, I used the suggestion in the marked solution of:

http://http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/subvi-running-normal-when-alone-but-not-inside-main-vi/m-p/74...

That is, I changed the VI properties of my subvi so it opens the pane when it is executed.  When finished, I changed the VI properties back to default.  But it still opens.  I did this and saved and did it again and saved.  I selected customize and unchecked the checkbox for opening the pane when executed (which seems to automatically change the selection from customize to default).  I closed and reopened LabVIEW.  I restarted my computer.  The change in the VI properties is still there (saying not to open it when executed), but the pane just keeps coming back.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Batya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,612 Views)

Did you change the calling of the subVI in the main? There is a right click option (SubVI Node Setup) where you can do the same thing. Did you perhaps set a breakpoint?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,591 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

Did you change the calling of the subVI in the main? There is a right click option (SubVI Node Setup) where you can do the same thing. Did you perhaps set a breakpoint?

No and no.  But now I learned something new (I didn't know I could set this in the main.  A new way to get myself in trouble -- yippee!  Smiley Very Happy)

I did "remove breakpoints from hierarchy" and it found none (breakpoint usually brings up the block diagram, though, not the front panel).

Batya

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,585 Views)

Attach the main and subVI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,579 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BPerlman

OK, I got it.  Unfortunately, I tried two things at once (both of which I was sure I did yesterday Smiley Frustrated) so I don't know which it was that fixed it.

First of all, I forgot to mention that this is a real time project.  So I rebooted the realtime system.

I also cleared the compiled object cache.

I really thought I'd already tried this.  Maybe I had to do it twice?  Smiley Happy

Thank you for your help.

Batya

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,573 Views)