LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop subVI without stopping main VI

Solved!
Go to solution

blessedk, be careful with using a new architecture until you fully understand how it works inside and out. You're in a bad spot if you are throwing parts together in code that you don't understand.

That being said, the Queued Message Handler architecture that ships as a template with LabVIEW uses a queue system to communicate between two loops. The two loops are separate from each other except for the queue reference. In your specific question, you could think of the Message Handling Loop as a subVI that can be stopped by the Event Handling loop.

It would probably help by sharing what exactly you're trying to do and what you've tried. I suggest making a new post with questions.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(969 Views)
Thanks James. I totally understood I can't be throwing codes together:). Instinctively I like to be original and creative and can't be if I throw codes together without understanding concepts. I really need to understand the concept.
I wil go through the examples you suggested and get back to you if I need further clarification. In the meantime I just wanted to say that my subvis are not placed in while loops. Do you have a quick word for such a scenario. Also I already have a simple state machine architecture successfully built, ( I am aware the QMH does that too but I am yet to understand that concept) so I am hoping to build from this existing simple state machine architecture ( using event structures, cased structures and a while loop) to achieve my aim of stopping subvis from the main Vi without stopping the main vi.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(957 Views)

Really, you'll have to share your code for specific feedback. Since this thread has already been solved, please post a new topic and include any questions and you code.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(950 Views)