From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stepper motor control

Hello everyone.

I am an Arduino with LABVIEW to control a stepper motor. The problem I am having is having the stepper motor execute multiple commands one after another. For example, if I tell the stepper motor to turn left and then right, the motor will only turn right. I tried using a flat sequence structure, but that didn't work. I sort of solved my problem with wait timers but I need the motor to act as quickly as possible. Thank you for your help.

jon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,227 Views)

put your controls in an event structure...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,216 Views)

Thank you your reply. I see how that would work if 1 event told the motor to turn 1 way, but some of the events I am using require that the motor move right and left multiple times. Correct me if I misunderstood something.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,208 Views)

each control goes into an event case structure....forward,reverse,left,right,stop(4x event case statements).

side note: i also use an event case structure value change for my digital pot that i control with the arduino.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,204 Views)