LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status

Of course the borrow date will vary between students.  But why should that cause a problem for you?

You have basic information on each student.  You have a date of when they borrowed it.  You have a date as to when it is due back.  You have a date as to when they returned it, which might also be empty in the event they have yet to return it.

What are you statuses you want and what conditions meet those status?  Out, Returned, Overdue, ???

All you need to do is come up a with a basic flowchart that you work through to compare the current date with those dates that you know and determine what the status should be.  It is also basic programming concepts.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 41
(919 Views)

yes sir this is exactly what i want

But the status should be automatic not written manually.

the print screen i did that manually

The simple coding i was trying to make the 7 days into sec and the if it is greater then the status will be either Pending or okay

This is what i dont know what i should do.

simple coding meaning

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 41
(915 Views)

the flow chart, i did put in my documentation..

If the student didnt return on due date- the status will be pending  ( and also a notif will pop out displaying check detail of student)

if the student return on time- the status will be Ok.

Meaning i have only 2 cases which are pending and ok

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 41
(911 Views)

As far as I can tell, it's a tab-delimited file?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 41
(891 Views)

I didnt get what you mean sir

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 41
(886 Views)

@Zahkay wrote:

I didnt get what you mean sir

The file you are using is not actually an Excel file, Its a Tab-delimited file. Since you are using Excel application to open it, you are calling it as Excel file.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 41
(883 Views)
Surely you have more code. The image you posted will only run once. Don't you have a master VI that calls what you have posted? The master would have a button for checkout, one for return, and a state that would read the file and see if the current date is greater than the expected return dates. When checked out, the status would always be ok. You would modify the status in the state that checks the return dates. This is a basic architecture that seems to be completely missing. This flow chart you are talking about seems to be missing as well.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 41
(874 Views)

You may also want to read up on database design.  Particularly, the differences between tables and reports.

A table consists of specific data.  Items that are constants that never change, and items that change infrequently, or as a result of specific actions belong in a table.  Information that you want to look at that maybe continually changing, or are only valid at a particular snapshot of time belong in a report.

For instance.  A database table might have information like a person's name, identification number, and birthdate.  You wouldn't put something like their age in there.  It is constantly changing, it is transient information.  If you want to see a list of people and their ages, then you would create a report.  A snapshot at that instant of time that can technically become stale the moment after you create it.  The report would be a list of names queried from the table, and the corresponding age at that specific moment which is calculated as a function of the current date and a queryfrom the table of their birthdate.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 41
(862 Views)

Yeah maam, i do have more codes. but i am not able to upload by whole VI here accompanied with the other sub Vi that is needed to operate.  The code is enclose into a while loop which i didnt snapshot. a button for checkout. But the date the student is coming to borrow the equipment is always changing.I did this technique like previously being told in the previous discussion

but it does not work for overall but only for one student. 

I didnt get you for the modification . The flow chart about programming all of those is in my documentation maam..Is there a sample of VI i can implement.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 41
(844 Views)
I hope that I'm not the ma'am you are referring to.

There is no documentation in this thread.

So this is the subVI for the checkout event? You need another for the check elapsed time state. Simple as that. As mentioned, different dates are expected. There should be no checking of late equipment in the checkout event. You just have decided how often the check elapsed time event should fire - once a day, once an hour, etc. This event returns the expected time column and compares each value to the current time.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 41
(833 Views)