LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stand-alone application using version 7.0.

I am trying to setup a stand-alone application using version 7.0.  When I load it on the machine I intend to use it on it asks what program I want to view it with and does not run the file. Am I missing some program or files?  I verified that run-time engine is loaded on the machine.  Can anyone suggest a solution?  Thank You.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,926 Views)
Did you actually create an exe file with the application builder or are you trying to run a VI?

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 07-30-2007 12:44 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,923 Views)
This is my first try at making a stand alone, so perhaps not.  How would I know whether or not I have configured it correctly?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,918 Views)
I'm sorry I did use application builder to setup the installer.  I have loaded it onto the destination computer using the installer and this is where I cannot get the program to execute correctly.   
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,912 Views)
Well, what steps did you follow? The first thing is to select from the Tools menu, Build Application or Shared Library. After you select a target name and destination, you go to the Source Files tab and select the top level VI you want to make into an exe. For a simple VI without any external files or dynamic VIs, you can then just click the Build button.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,911 Views)