From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sql database connection using active x in labview

Hi, 

I want to create a connection with SQL data base with the help of connection string by using active X automation in Labview. I do not want to use the pop-up (Dialogue of database) use to configure the connection (selecting database, server name, user name & password etc).

Thanks for any suggestion

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,311 Views)

Create a text document on your desktop, rename it something with a .UDL extension, and then double click the file to setup the connection properties.  After configuring and testing the connection, click OK.  Now right click the file and open it with a text editor like Notepad or WordPad.  You will find a connection string that you can use in the DB Toolkit. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,309 Views)

Or you can just pass the UDL file path into the Open Connection of the Database Toolkit and it will do it all for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,306 Views)

Thanks Aputman for the reply,

Actually I have created the connection string after configuration the connection as u told in the post. But Now I want to stablish the connection everytime using the LabVIEW.

Thanks Crossrulz,

Actually I do not have Database tool kit on my PC. So I want to use Active X automation VI to perform the action. Can you help me in configuring the connection using Active X.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,300 Views)

Do a search for LabSQL.  There may be other toolkits but this is the one I used before I got the NI toolkit.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,296 Views)