LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spreadsheet fail to append

benana_0-1599711941368.png

everytime it runs when append is true the value doesnt go in, when it is false it goes in

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,448 Views)

That doesn't make sense.

If you attached your VI, we could try it ourselves.  But a picture doesn't tell us much.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,444 Views)

here are the vi files

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,436 Views)

I couldn't run them as is because I don't have your timer subVI.  So I simplified it to the basics with some constants and the Write to Spreadsheet file.

It ran just fine for me.  When Append was set to True, it appended data.  When it was set to False, it overwrote the file.

A couple odd things I see.  You are writing to login.txt.txt  Have the two sets of extensions are odd.  Are you sure you are looking at the correct file when you check how it runs?

Second, I don't understand why you are reshaping your 2 element 1-D array of strings into a 100 x 100 element 2-D array of strings.  Most of them are going to be empty.

Is there any chance you accidentally did something to the Write to Spreadsheet File function and saved a corrupted version to your vi.lib directory?

Message 4 of 8
(1,433 Views)

here is the timer, when i set it to true it doesnt add a new line to the txt. when its false, its updated but the old value will be replaced. i set them to 100,100 just to test if its working

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,422 Views)

how can the new array go to the next line?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,419 Views)

All I can tell you is that your VI works fine for me.

Get rid of that 100 x 100.

Wire your 1-D array into the 1-D array input of that Write to Spreadsheet File.

Did you scroll down your .txt file in notepad to see that after 99 blank lines that you do have new text?

I don't know what you are trying to ask with "how can new array go to next line".

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,413 Views)

Considering you are using strings, just add a third input to "Concatenate strings" and wire "Carriage return constant" to it. Both can be found under string functions.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,390 Views)