LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source distribution creation

Hello!

I am trying to create a source distribution. However i keep on getting the same error code about some lv class missing files. I am attaching a capture of the error.

I have tried both allowing labview to create the folder and having the folder already created with the vis that is saying they are missing. But I haven't succedeed. Any idea about how to solve it?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,435 Views)

Am I correct in assuming that you can run the program just fine on your PC?  The Error Message just says what parts of the Build Process registered the error -- it doesn't seem to give too many clues about why the error was thrown (i.e. what file it couldn't find, or what step went haywire during the build process).

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  Have you applied all of the patches suggested by NI Updates?  For someone else to figure out what is wrong, I suspect that you'd need to send them a ZIP file containing the entire LabVIEW Project and let them try building the Source Distribution.  Of course, doing this means you are effectively "distributing your Source via a ZIP file" -- would this work as an alternative Distribution method?

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I've never tried to build a Source Distribution, and am not sure under what circumstances I would use this method ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,418 Views)