From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source control login timeout

Is there a way to change the login timeout for source control? Unless I pretty much immediately login to my source control software when LabVIEW prompts for it on startup, LabVIEW fails to open a session or at least correctly configure itself. Getting LabVIEW correctly configured requires a restart of LabVIEW, as logging in through Tools->options seems to still have some bugs in it.

Thanks,

Jason
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,128 Views)

Hi Jason,

I haven't seen this issue before, but to get a better idea about the problem, let me ask you a few questions.  Which version of LabVIEW are you using?  Are you using the built-in Source Control or a third party software? Can you send screenshots showing the undesireable behavior?

For general information for using Source Control with LabVIEW we have the following tutorial which you may found to be useful: 

Regards,

Aluma G.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,097 Views)

I'm using version 8.0 with Merant Version manager. Again, on startup of LabVIEW, if I do not log in without about 5-10 seconds of when LabVIEW prompts me for my Merant Version Manager password, I get the error dialog as shown on the attached jpg. I have to restart LabVIEW to make version control work - configuring it through the options menu does not fix the problem. Thanks, Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,058 Views)
Hi Jason,

I have two suggestions that may help resolve the issue.  First, try loading the MKS UI before launching LabVIEW.  This may help by loading MKS files in memory and perhaps speed up the load time in LabVIEW.  Second, there should be a setting in MKS that allows a user to always use a certain login, so if you agree to do so, you could turn this MKS feature on and avoid the the login dialog altogether.

I hope these suggestions help,

Regards,
Aluma
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,051 Views)
jhiltner,

I'm trying to use my Merant Version Manager as a LV8 SCC, but I'm having problems to configure it. My dataBase is created, and LV doesn't give me any error about it, my workfile place is selected but the OK button at the LV8 SCC configuration doesn't be allowed to me to press it.

Could you help me to configure it? How did you do to configure your Merant inside LV8 SCC?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,994 Views)
jhiltner,

Please, disconsider my previously message, I haven't selected the project in dataBase. Now everything is working fine.

Do you know a way to use a LV8 tool to make differencies between the versioned file and the local file?

Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,991 Views)

Hello,

If you are asking about how to compare two VIs (like a diff) you could always use the “Compare VI” feature in LabVIEW.  You can find it by going to the Tools menu with an open VI and selecting “compare” as seen below.

Hope this helps,

Message Edited by Travis M. on 06-08-2006 09:48 AM

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,982 Views)

I think I didn't make myself clear. The diff tool that I'm needing is one wich highligt the differences between the local vi and the versioned vi. We use a server pc to control our versions, so we need the diff tool to verify the differences between the local file and that one wich is inside PVCS database, like the lvdiff2.3, wich make the diff tool between local file and the file inside a CVS database.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,971 Views)