LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound source

Hi all, I am want to build a stand sound source. I am think of a system with a microphone and loudspeaker in a closed loop.

The loudspeaker should be controlled based upon mesauring the sound field. if the sound recieved from the microphone

is not equal to that produce by the loudspeaker the system should automatic adjust itself.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,178 Views)

You say you want stand alone.  Does that mean no PC?  If this is true you will need some kind of embedded setup.  Something like cRIO, or MyRIO.  A cheaper setup but much more involved would be something like an Arduino, or other embedded microcontroller which is unrelated to LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,136 Views)

It sounds like you're trying to make a AGC system that will always result in runaway amplification.  Can you describe your application a little better?  Is this a school project?

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,127 Views)

Hi, I mean stable sound source, I am thinking of using a DAQ device like a BNC-2110, function generator, speaker,possible amplifier and a microphone.

the speaker produces the sound generated by function generator and the amplifier. the microphone received the sound and the loop should compare the

sound from the speaker and microphone if there are equal no thing happens,if not the amplifier or the system should make the sound to be the same in other

to have a stable sound source.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,103 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2012 with sound and vibration tool kid. yes I am try to make a runaway amplification. I have attached a simple block diagram of

what i am thinking as a stable sound source tool.  I am thinking of using a DAQ device like a BNC-2110, function generator, speaker,possible amplifier and a microphone.

the speaker produces the sound generated by function generator and the amplifier. .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,097 Views)

Hello didi80,

Are there any specific "fixed" components for your set-up? (eg. a specific generator that you need/have to use)

Is there any extra information concerning the specifications of this set-up?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,088 Views)

Hello ThiCop,

I am using a Agilentt 33220A, 20Mkz function generator, B&K microphone

specification of sound source

- frequency range from 100Hz to 10KHz

- directivity of sound source with an angle range of 90 degree( -45 to 45) should have +-1dB(A)

- stability 0.5 dB of sound source

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,032 Views)

What kind of DAQ card are you going to use?  The BNC-2110 is not a DAQ, it's a connection box with no active components inside.  You need to tell us what actual card you are going to connect the BNC box to.  

Also, can you upload a picture of whatever is in you DOCX file?  Many of us prefer not to open files that can contain macros due to security reasons.  No offense indended!  Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,007 Views)

I am using the pci-6052e series.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(2,965 Views)

OK, that's a legacy E-Series card but it supports the latest DAQmx drivers (9.5.1) so it's easy to work with.  It's hardware specs are more than sufficient to record and play 16-bit audio at fast sample rates.  How are your DAQ programming skills? Have you looked at the DAQmx examples? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(2,957 Views)