From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound input vi bug

i increased my buffer size to 3 seconds of data and read in 100 ms at a time (instead of 30).  still getting the problem.  program runs fine for 20 or so hours then i start getting the jumps which look like it's missing some data.  again i do not get read errors from the Sound Input VI just the jumps in the data.  since you can't just read off the whole buffer i think that small delays in reading the data build up over time and cause buffer over runs but does anyone know if this can happend without getting an error code?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(467 Views)

Hi

It should be interesting to know if that error happens with a sound card only. Post the code and I will run it  for hours or days under windows and linux.

Also, it could help trying another dll different from labview ones. You can try waveio from waveIO .

Cheers

Alipio

Mensaje editado por alipio
---------------------------------------------------------
"Qod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat"
---------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(451 Views)

the code has a bunch of other stuff in it.  i will try to get it down to the essentials, run it here to see if error happens and then if so post it for you to try.

i will try waveio too.

thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(445 Views)