LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software update

Spoiler

Hi all, I have just installed the 2013 update developer suite. It works all fine on my laptop. But when i create my executable with installer files etc it builds fine but when my vi runs for each picture i get the error -1074396120. My installer file contains:

IVI compliance package 4.6.0

LabVIEW run-time engine 2013

MAX 5.5

Vriable engine 2.6.0

NI vision run time engine 2013

NI IMAQ 4.7.3

NI IMAQdx 4.2.0

Serial and visa installers.

I am at a loss as to why i get this error.

Any help is appreciated

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,481 Views)

Did you activate the vision runtime license?

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209860

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,463 Views)

Hi Damien,

Does it give any information on which function is throwing the error?

I found this article which may or may not help.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/20AB177016DE51C0C1256F03006A74CB?OpenDocument

Are you using the IMAQ ExtractColorPlanes VI at all?

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,412 Views)

This issue seems to occur when the IMAQ create function hasn't been used correctly.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,408 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Yes i activated my vision run time licence. However i used the SN for my developer suite. I have a licence for the Vision module that I used on the PC before but because the new version is 2013 would i not need a new licence for the vision or can i use the vision licence again even if i have 2013?

Thanks

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,374 Views)

Hello Chrisag,

Would this be because of the vision development licence not been activated that would of caused this? I am apprehensive about installing the software again until i know exactly what steps i am missing to get it all working.

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,370 Views)

Damien,

Burning your Dev Suite license to deploy a vision RTE is a bit of an overkill.  Apparently your SSP is up-to-date (you got the new media)  sounds like it is time for you to hit the "Call Me NOW" link and talk directly with an NI AE.  Those AEs really do know what you need to make it work.  (Well 99.995% of them- you might just get the one who needs to look up the info but, that is a corner case not worth testingSmiley Very Happy)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,363 Views)

Hi Damien,

Can you confirm that the executable worked correctly when compiled with the previous version of LabVIEW?

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,354 Views)

Yeah i had my application running on 2 deployment machines for the last 9 months. With vision on both machines. I have a SN for my latop the developer suite and two SN for the deployment machines. But when i built my executable and installer files and then ran my application i got the error saying imaq pattern 3. But what i dont understand is if both my deployment machines had the SN activated originally why would i need to activate them again when i installed 2013?

Thanks guys

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,345 Views)

You are correct in thinking that the serial numbers should be fine. I'll take a further look into this for you.

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,297 Views)