LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smith chart

hello,

i want to display all the point witch is in my array, but in my VI it doesn't work.

i need, in my project, to have all the point because after i want to compare the two display.

you will find attached my VI.

thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,297 Views)

Hello hyul,

it seems to me you used the "Smith Multi Plot with Styles.vi" from the "NI Example Finder", am i right? As you can see in this example, every single plot is linked to the "Normalize Smith Plot.vi" and is then bundled to a cluster. In your VI there are all Plots normalized at once. Maybe this is your problem, take a closer look at the "Smith Multi Plot with Styles.vi", this could be useful.

Please give a short feedback, if this solved your problem

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,232 Views)

hello MHoffmann,

first thank you for responding.

yes you're right I use the example and i watch it again, but the problem is : I have an array witch contains approximately 700 line so i can't link all the line to the "normalize smith plot", that's why i put it in a for loop. But after this isn't display the right thing i think it's plot the last line.

I think the problem is because I have a 3D array of complex.

In fact this VI is a small part of my programm, this is not the real values.

best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,222 Views)

The "normalize smith plot.vi" only works with 1D-arrays, thats correct. So you have to split your 3D-array in a three 1D-array, what you already tried. I found an article how to do this 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/divide-3D-array-into-3-1D-arrays/td-p/912806

There are also many other articles about this problem in the forum, maybe one of those could help you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,217 Views)

hello,

i read some of the articles about this in the forum, i try but i failed to find the solution of my problem.

furthermore sometiems i have an array witch can have more than 3 dimension, that's why i tried to put it in a for loop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,183 Views)

Hi again,

i think i found the problem in your VI. If you go through the program with the highlight function and probes you can see that not the whole array arrives at the "index array" function. I have changed your VI and attached it to this post. I use two "index array" functions and so it works, but i am just slow on the uptake how to change the constant in the first "index array" function during the program. If you change this constant from 0 to 1 , you get the other 6 complex number pairs in the smith chart. I just don't get it at the moment, maybe you have a better view on it.

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,149 Views)

hello,

i can't open your VI because i use labview 8.5, could you change your VI so i can read it?

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,144 Views)

Hi,

sorry, this should work now!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,141 Views)

Hi again,

take a look at the attached VIs. I think this may be the solution for your problem!

best regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,134 Views)

Hi,

I look at your VI, and the first is very interresting because we can choose the array you need. (with the indice of the first "index array"). for that this is very important because i need this in my program (select the array), this a part of the solution.

However the second work for a 2D array of complex or in my program i can have more than two dimension.

I think, for my program, i have to use the first VI and try to implement the first "index array" automaticaly. With this i might be the solution that i need.

thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,128 Views)