From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed in image detection (vision toolkit)

Dear Labview users,

I have a small problem concerning the speed of loop used in image processing.
According to the exemple provides in the vision module I created an iv on my personal computer. The speed to detect the template in the target image was very fast (high number of loop per seconde).

I don't change anything but when I restarted the same computer to start experiment this IV was very low (more than 0.5s per loop). I reinstalled all the labview 2013 software and the vision module but there is no change in the speed rate.

The most strange phenomenon is that the speed of the exemple provides by labview vision toolkit is fast. So, I copy the exemple and add my Iv block inside it. then delete the exemple part. Unfortunatelly, the speed is still low for my iv. (especially when I used all the algorithms detection).
It's a mysterious for me, why two weeks ago there is no problem with the same setting, then suddently  the speed drastically decrease.
Problably I make a mistake somewhere...
Please, could I have some idea or comment to grasp this problem?

Thank you in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,072 Views)

Just for indication if you get the same problem
This problem is solved.
The problem is due to the update of avast antivirus 2014. I deleted this antivirus because of conflict between DAQmx, avast 2014 and windows 8 registers (see the post about nidevmon.exe)
After the unistall of avast, my iv return to the normal speed.

For the security, I used now Avira and it's seemed to work smoothly.

Please, take care about the software war in the windows background.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,051 Views)

Hi Matriax,

Thanks for your reply,we actually meet issues since the last update of Avast.

In any case, have a look to our KBs to see how to troubleshoot these kind of issues.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,027 Views)