LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slope of a graph

Hello

I am trying to get the slope of a graph and the minimum threshold value (which leads to highest change in the slope of the graph) after getting the measured value from the instruments as shown in the pic attached.

Would be glad if someone can help me with this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,785 Views)

Would this function give you what you are looking for?

TransitionMeasurement.png

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,755 Views)

Hi James

I am using LV8.2 and actualy could not see this option available there. 

There is no signal for "slope" there.

I used the Curve Fitting Express for getting the slope and it displays slope in the front panel while running and saves only the last slope measured.

I was wondering if there is any way where I could save slopes from all the point and not just the last set.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,746 Views)

@shubhi wrote:

Hi James

I am using LV8.2 and actualy could not see this option available there. 

There is no signal for "slope" there.

I used the Curve Fitting Express for getting the slope and it displays slope in the front panel while running and saves only the last slope measured.

I was wondering if there is any way where I could save slopes from all the point and not just the last set.

Thanks !

I guess you need to do some modification like bundling all the slopes together in a loop tunnel. Could you show the code what you have done then its easy to suggest a method.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,728 Views)

You could use the Savitsky-Golay filter to calculate the first and second derivatives of your data.  The detailed help for the filter VI has information on how to use it to take derivatives.  Note that the number of "side points" appears as a shift in the x-axis of the results, so you need to compensate when finding the point of maxiumum slope in your original data.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,701 Views)

Hey Anand

This is my vi. I want to measure the slopes at all the points (and display on front panel )which I measure and stop the loop when the maximum slope has been attained. 

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,679 Views)

You cannot find slope for each point you have take set points and calculate that and also you will have only one slope for a ramp and it will be the same wherever you take the points. You may find this useful

-----

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,675 Views)

Yes, I agree , so I just want to get that slope which has the highest change from the previous one.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,672 Views)

No you are confusing. How does your singnal look like is it possible to show a picture of it.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,668 Views)

Here is the picture. Two curves shows the area I am interested at. The turn on slope by means of which I could find the minimum voltage level and then the slope of the ramp.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,663 Views)