From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulink and LABview TCP/IP communication

I mentioned the LabVIEW Example "Simple TCP.lvproj" included in the LabVIEW Example Finder. This specifically was between two LabVIEW VIs. What I would be interested in doing is using the TCP Client in this project to see if you can use built-in LabVIEW Example code. Save this VI as a new copy and change the ports to match the TCP Send from Simulink. Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Chris D. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(885 Views)

hello , 
But that was exactly the thing that I did to make the communication. 

I Took the client example of the tcp/ip exemple of LabVIEW and changed it so that I can reveive the informations from Simulink

best,

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(876 Views)

Are you able to test the communication from Simulink without LabVIEW? Te best way I could think to do this would be through a 3rd part TCP test application like SocketTest. With your Simulink code running, you can configure SocketTest as the Client.

• IP Address: localhost
  • Port: 3363 (from your Simulink TCP/IP Send)

Push Connect to establish the connection. If the connection is refused, Simulink is not sending any data and the error is in that section of your application.

Best,

Chris D. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(865 Views)

I know the problems, because you didn't set local address &local port on LabVIEW, Error 56 means that LabVIEW didn't certainly connect to simulink; simulink  set remote address&port,and then this remote settings need to same with LabVIEW local address &port,On the contrary.......

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(512 Views)