LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulation plc in labview

hey guys

I want to simulate a plc lab in labview , I mean we dont have real tools and instrument in our university and i decide to make a virtual edition of those in labview . my question is how can i comunicate between input&output of plc and labview that the student can write a  plc program for a control loop and then test it in labview without using a physical plc   . in additon we want programing for delta products if it's important .thanks in advance for your answer .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,119 Views)
This won't be a quick project. You will need a command interpreter -- which means you will need to figure out which plc you want to emulate.

So the point of the class is learning plcs?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,089 Views)

yes, the purpose of the class is learning plc 

i just want to know how i can use plc program in labview for example if one of output is set then 1 actuator will be active . how i should connect the output to actuator ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,077 Views)
If you used Google to do a search for 'plc simulator', you would find numerous hits. Many are free. Check with your instructor if any of these would be suitable. Your time as a student is probably free but if you are new to LabVIEW, I don't see how the weeks to write your own can be justified.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,050 Views)

Besides, you should be using a cRIO instead of a PLC.  Then you can program all of your control in LabVIEW!!!

On a more serious note: Way back when I was in college we used a PLC emulator.  It was part of the code editor.  I couldn't tell you whose PLC we were "programming", but it was all written and tested on the lab computer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,924 Views)