LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulate water flow in a pipeline

Hello everbody,I have been trying to find a proper solution to simulate water flow or movement in a pipe/tube but I could not find the right things. Imagin the pipes going not only one way but up then to the right and down and so on. I would need to be able to control the flow in the sense that it schould only flow if a pump is running and I need to find a solution wich I can youse with many different pipe-structures.

Hopefully somebody can help.

Tank you very much,

montanaro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,420 Views)

do you mean graphical indicator? just simply create custom control/indicator and put some animated gif as water flows indicator will show gif and if dont there will be static image 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,419 Views)

Hi montanaro,

You could place a transparent 2D picture indicator over your pipes and indicate the flow by changing what is "drawn" on the picture.

For example, you might draw a series of dashes and arrows to indicate the flow path.

To show motion, you would create a loop to replace dashes with arrows and vise versa.

This method could be adapted to any structure.

Please note that this task is not trivial - but with some effort it could be pretty cool.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,401 Views)