From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show continuously accumulating waveform chart

Solved!
Go to solution

I read around 1000 points per iteration that I would like to show on a waveform chart. If I just connect a numeric array to the Waveform Chart, it shows a smooth sin wave and it looks like it is just appending new data to the old one (kind of like a queue).

However, if I use a waveform, it overwrites the previous data with the new one. I want to see 2 seconds of data at any given time, so just showing 1000 points on a corner does not help.

I have tried appending to a waveform using shift register and it does show the result I want, but overtime the size of the waveform gets very large and it slows down the system. I could implement some size-checking and stuff, but is there

an easier way to make the waveform input behave a numeric array input?

I need to use waveforms because I want to stack multiple plots an it gives an "Out of memory" array if I use a 2D array.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,694 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abdel2
Got it working. Had to modify the timestamp in each iteration.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,671 Views)

Hi,

I am vasu. I want to add cursors to wave chart. i can add cursors to wave graph. but i don't know how to add cursors to wave chart. plz send me that program to my mail(srinivas.perala@yahoo.com)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,383 Views)

There is no way to add cursors to a chart. You will have to use a graph. If you need the ability to plot a point as it is acquired, you can use a shift register with a build array. Since this could lead to performance issues if the array grows with no bounds, you might want to incorporate a buffer like the chart does. There's an example called XY Chart that uses one.

p.s. NOT a good idea to post your email in a public forum. All you will get is spam. All questions are answered here and not by email.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-24-2010 09:12 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,381 Views)

Hi,

Thank you. can you attach the program.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,347 Views)
Why don't you go to LabVIEW, click on Help and then Find Examples?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,341 Views)
No need to attach. I got the results. Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,334 Views)