LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared variable logenabled property does not work

Shared variable logenabled property does not work. I have a vi where I need to enable/disable logging for the shared variables but the properties do not change, if I read it again in the vi the change is commited but when I browse the database or check in the project tree the variable remains without any modifications.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,375 Views)
Hi,

Attached is a sample project that demonstrates how to programmatically enable/disable logging. The project has two shared variable (test1 and test2) with Test2 binded to test1. You can also monitor the data logging progress using the Historical Data Viewer in Measurement & Automation Explorer.

Tunde
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,354 Views)

This it just as I thought.  It appears that "shared variable properties" can be programmatically changed but only during run-time making everything a million times more complex.  So when you stop the vi from running and look at the "shared variable properties" in project explorer, you won't see this change.  So in my application where I would like the user to configure an SV once and then never deal with it again; this means I have to save the initial settings to something like an .ini file which is basically a text file.  Then every time the program is run, it reads the text file and adjusts the shared variables accordingly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,073 Views)