From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared variable in executable

I am trying to use a networked shared variable inside an exe that is running on another computer (without development system). The bound control keeps showing a red arrow, indicating that it failed to connect. I did include the LVlib that contains the shared variable in the build specification. The executable runs fine on the development computer.
Any suggestions on how to solve this?
LV8 & XP

Thanks for troubleshooting with me!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,546 Views)

Hi Aartjan

Did you specify the correct options in the server part, I would guess knowing you you did!

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,531 Views)
(Sometimes) it is easy to overestimate my patience Smiley Mad. That's why I love Labview Smiley Happy
I will take a look @ the server options after I return from some serious downhilling! Thanks Albert.

Message Edited by aartjan on 04-14-2006 10:54 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,513 Views)

Hoi AartJan

I'm already down the hill, fell of my bike and broke some smal bones in my foot, but I'm getting up again. Have a nice vacation.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,500 Views)