LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared variable error -1950679034 on a pc without labview

hi everybodey

i've been developing a simple application to connect a pc to a Kronex card to measure the temprature.

i used labview 2013 full dev sys , with real time module installed

what i have done to project is:

1- create a project

2- add an i/o server

3- add modbus and save it as untitled library

4- add 192.168.10.11 (Kronex ip) , my computer ip is "192.168.10.1" and both computer and card have DNS "255.255.255.0"

5- add a variable 300006 which is AI7 of kronex which measure temerature

7- add a new form

6- add shared variable 300006 to that new vi

7- put things in a control loop with error handling and a numeric which shows the temperature

everything is fine on my computer with labview and real time module and i can get the data from the card throu ethernet. and i can see the temp. and ni distributed system manager worked well

but i need to run my prog on another device:

1- i make .exe file from my project

2- i make an installer from my project and i add "labview rte" and " labview share variable engine" and labview distributed system manager" and everything else to my additional installer beside "labview rte"

3- when i install my application on a pc without labview :

i recieve a message -1950679034 and nothing happend

what i have done

1- disable firewall completely

2- add all permissons to DCOM national instruments variable engine in servise components

3- add all permission to ni variable engine to all users in log on

4- add 3 lines to C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Logos

but nothing happend 

neither in my application nor in ni distributed system manager

note : when i compile the application, untiteled library deployed and i can see the deployed varaiable in distributed system manger and when i close the application, it will undeply and vanish from dis sys manager. so the deployment is done!

Please help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,713 Views)

hi everybodey

i've been developing a simple application to connect a pc to a Kronex card to measure the temprature.

i used labview 2013 full dev sys , with real time module installed

what i have done to project is:

1- create a project

2- add an i/o server

3- add modbus and save it as untitled library

4- add 192.168.10.11 (Kronex ip) , my computer ip is "192.168.10.1" and both computer and card have DNS "255.255.255.0"

5- add a variable 300006 which is AI7 of kronex which measure temerature

7- add a new form

6- add shared variable 300006 to that new vi

7- put things in a control loop with error handling and a numeric which shows the temperature

everything is fine on my computer with labview and real time module and i can get the data from the card throu ethernet. and i can see the temp. and ni distributed system manager worked well

but i need to run my prog on another device:

1- i make .exe file from my project

2- i make an installer from my project and i add "labview rte" and " labview share variable engine" and labview distributed system manager" and everything else to my additional installer beside "labview rte"

3- when i install my application on a pc without labview :

i recieve a message -1950679034 and nothing happend

what i have done

1- disable firewall completely

2- add all permissons to DCOM national instruments variable engine in servise components

3- add all permission to ni variable engine to all users in log on

4- add 3 lines to C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Logos

but nothing happend 

neither in my application nor in ni distributed system manager

note : when i compile the application, untiteled library deployed and i can see the deployed varaiable in distributed system manger and when i close the application, it will undeply and vanish from dis sys manager. so the deployment is done!

Please help

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,689 Views)

Hey... Are you sure the configuration is the same for the LabVIEW PC and the non LabVIEW pc? 

Do you have the drivers for the card installed in this other computer as well?

I believe you already try restarting the SVE services. (not cheking if it is started but manually restarted it )

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,646 Views)