From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared variable Engine Windows embedded

Hi,

I am working with labview 2015 in windows embedded standard 7. 

But the shared variable between to PC do not work. I want to know that which feather packs of windows must be added and installed?

I have added the whole Networking feather pack and the problem was solved.

But I want to optimize my windows feather packs and reduce the windows size.

Thank you for your reply.

regard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,466 Views)

As WES7 isn't that common for LabVIEW, I would either:

- If you have an SSP with NI, contact support to see if they can assist you

- Post the list of components in the Networking pack to see if we can identify which ones might not be necessary

- Try removing parts of the networking pack until it stops working, add that part back in and then continue

- Starting from scratch, look in windows event/error logs etc. to see if you can find which components are stopping it from running

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,446 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. 

Since checking different parts of the Networking pack is a time consuming task (we have to install windows and labview every time), I have attached

the list of feather packs under Networking folder.

All of the networking packs under "Distribution Share" are shown in this figure. I have added the "Network and Sharing Center" to the "Answar File" 

in order to trigger the LAN communication. The software has added the required dependencies to the Answare File. but still the shared variable do not work.

Do you have any suggestion for other necessary packs?

In addition, we do not have windows event log in WES7 now.

Thank you in advance.

Regard 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,415 Views)