LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared instr.lib

I am using LV8 and am trying to share custom instrument drivers across several testers. If I place the driver directories in instr.lib on the C drive, all of the sub-menus and VI driver picks show up fine. When I move the instrument directory to the networked drive and add it to the palette, the top level of the driver and any .mnu sub-menus show up but the VI's are all question marks. When I "Synchronize with Directory", a 'paletteMenu' sub-menu appears for each .llb in the directory which contains all the VI's. I do not want this flat structure but rather the original directory structure as seen on the C drive. I suspect the VI's are listed in the .mnu using absolute references. I can go into each sub-directory in the palettes and enter the VI's but I have 10 instruments with well over 100 VI's. I would like to avoid wasting a day doing this. I am also concerned about adding drivers in the future to the network driver directory. If someone else has to do this they will probably come hunting for my head!

Does anyone know kow to move a local instrument driver to a networked drive without manually entering all the VI's?

Thanks,

Bob Albern
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,579 Views)
Hey Bob! 

I have a couple of suggestions that may work for this issue.  Are you mapping the network drive to your hard drive?  This might be a way to share the instr.lib between multiple machines.  I think the easiest method would be to include an EXE that installs the VIs to the correct location.  This would be a fairly simple VI that you could use and have each person that needs the drivers to just run the EXE and it could automatically install the VIs. 

Would these be feasable solutions?  Repost if you want more info or these wouldn't work.

Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,562 Views)